9 December 2009
Funghi Al Aglio
Mushrooms baked with white wine and parsley
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
10 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 giant mushroom
1 Bush of fresh parsley
1 clove of garlic
3 table spoons of white wine
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
How to make:
1. Prepare the garlic and parsley olive oil. Take one clove of garlic a handful of fresh parsley and 8 table spoons of olive oil and blend.
2. Pre heat oven to 220 degrees
2. Chop one giant mushroom into quarters.
3. Place chopped mushroom into a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until browning, turn occasionally.
4. Remove from the oven and cover liberally with garlic olive, as pre prepared.
5. Pour in liberal amounts of white wine and return to the warmth of the oven for another 2 to 3 minutes. This time could be longer as some cooking appliances may vary.
6. Remove from oven. Place mushrooms on a plate and pour over the remaining oil. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and garnish with a large pressed leaf.
7. Eat with a warm Focaccia to help soak up any remaining sauce.
This is a traditional Italian dish which has been given a unique twist, with the use of giant mushrooms, by head chef at The Amisha Café Rolando Marraffa.
The Amisha Cafe, Amisha Court, 161 Grange Road, London, SE1 3FH, 020 7231 7151.
No comments have been posted.
RAILTON ROAD SE24,
Leasehold, For Sale
TEA TRADE WHARF SE1, £1,295,000 , For Sale
TOWER BRIDGE WHARF E1W, £550 , per week, For Sale
PROVIDENCE SQUARE SE1, £1,600,000 , For Sale