Two more men have been charged in connection with the shooting of Sasha Johnson in Peckham last month, as police appeal for more witnesses to come forward.
As we reported earlier this week the two men were arrested in Southwark and Kent on Wednesday (June 16). Southwark man Troy Reid, aged 19,(04.10.01) and Gravesend resident Prince Dixon, 25, (04.04.96) were both charged with conspiracy to murder on Friday.
Police said it was disappointing that more of the 30 people who were at the Peckham house party where Sasha was brutally attacked had not come forward to help with the investigation and “get justice” for her and her family.
Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard, who is leading the inquiries, said: “The investigation has made significant progress over the last three weeks as evidenced by these latest charges. I’d like to thank the Crown Prosecution Service for their fantastic support in helping us to get to this stage.
“The investigation team have worked tirelessly but we are still struggling with a distinct lack of witnesses.
“I know that there were at least 30 people there on the night Sasha was shot. Someone must have seen or know something that could help us get justice for Sasha and her family.
“Sasha dedicated her life to a cause she cared passionately about and it is disappointing that people do not feel motivated to help.
“Please come forward. If you know something but are concerned about contacting the police, there are ways that the information can be passed to us confidentially.”
Information can be provided to police by calling 101 and providing the reference 1172/23MAY or to Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111.
Sasha is still in a critical condition in hospital after being shot in the head at a house party on Consort Road in the early hours of May 23. Two men have already been charged with conspiracy to murder. Another four have been released on bail until late June.