With many a newly painted wall to fill after spending a long winter locked down at home, art aficionados from across the UK are set to descend on Battersea Park next week for a summer showcase of the Affordable Art Fair.
Running from 8 – 11 July 2021, this is the first opportunity to browse the one-stop-shop in real life since March 2020.
Affordable Art Fair’s Summer edition brings together the artistic firepower of nearly 80 leading galleries, predominantly from London and the UK, offering a smorgasbord of emerging and established contemporary art. There is something for all tastes and budgets, with works priced from £50 to £6,000 across all genres from portraits to abstracts, photography, sculpture, fine art and more.
Summer lineup of art, music, food, drinks and installations to enjoy
Galleries, collectors and art fans alike visiting the Evolution in Battersea Park can appreciate the spectacle of thousands of artworks under one roof as well as a chance to kick-back and enjoy summer, with the Fair featuring:
- Free G&Ts and Negronis from Campari served Wednesday – Friday evenings
- Fizz, cocktails and tempting tapas on the mezzanine from the brand-new Will’s Bar, named after the Affordable Art Fair founding father, Will Ramsay himself.
- Chow down on delectable doughnuts from Longboys and chilled soft drinks in the new summer house deck.
- Enjoy the life-size Galapagos turtle alongside various other furry and feathered friends, designed by Affordable Art Fair Recent Graduate artist Josh Gluckstein.
- Be mesmerised by Andrea Love’s felt animation films on JJ Galloway’s stand
- Refuel in the new back café and enjoy the bespoke mural painted in situ by Will’s Art Warehouse artist, Ellie Tate.
Plus, artist Lara Bowen will take commissions on artworks that help commemorate lockdown. Born from a love of paint charts, Laura felt much of the language used in lockdown sounded like fancy paint colours, from ‘Furlough’ to ‘Isolation’ and ‘Bubble’. Visitors can commission their own bespoke lockdown colour chart which Laura calls ‘Colourful Language’, with the artist even hand-daubing some on site in groups of 4 – 10.
The fair opens with a now sold-out Charity Private View on Wednesday 7 July from 5:30 – 9:30pm, then hosts additional late nights on Thursday and Friday until 9:30pm where DJ Eddie Otchere will be spinning the decks, so there’s plenty of time to peruse post-work.
Affordable Art Fair aims to deliver a fun, art-filled experience while maintaining a safe environment in line with the UK Government advice on social distancing. For more information, please visit: affordableartfair.com/fairs/london-battersea-spring/creating-a-safe-fair/
Evolution London, Battersea Park, Queenstown Road, SW11 4NJ
Charity Private View – Wednesday 7 July 2021: 17.30 – 21.30 SOLD OUT
Thursday 8 July: 11.00 – 17.30
Late View – Thursday 8 July 2021: 17.30 – 21.30
Friday 9 July 2021: 11.00 – 21.30
Saturday 10 July 2021: 11.00 – 18.00
Sunday 12 July 2021: 11.00 – 18.00
Tickets must be purchased online and in advance of the event at: affordableartfair.com
Images: Guy Bell