Help police investigate trainee vicar from Peckham who raped girls from his congregation

News Desk (23 February, 2016)

Oxford-educated Storey has now been convicted of raping and sexually assaulting four women from his congregation, but he could still have more to answer for

7880Peckham trainee vicar sentenced for raping and sexually assaulting two women who attended his church congregations.

POLICE HAVE urged potential victims of a trainee vicar from Peckham convicted of raping two teenagers to come forward.

Timothy Storey, 36, of Peckham Grove was convicted last Friday for three counts of rape and one of assault be penetration, all between 2008 and 2009.

Both the women were church goers who attended summer camps and congregations led by Storey, who studied theology at Oxford University.

Storey befriended the women since they began attending his services as children, later sending them messages of a sexual nature through social media and texting.

Detective constable Paul Hill, of the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation and Child Abuse Command, is now urging any other victims of Storey to “come forward” and tell the police what has happened to them.

“Storey thought he had got away with it, but the victims in this case were determined to see him brought to justice,” Mr Hill said.

“They have shown courage in coming forward after so many years to tell us what happened to them. This conviction goes to show that the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command will pursue sex offenders and bring them to justice.

“The victims in this case were young teenagers when Storey assaulted them, having been groomed from a very young age. In his position as a youth leader he manipulated the victims and forced them to engage in sexual acts that they did not want to do.”

Last week’s conviction came after Storey had already been found guilty in May 2014 of several offences where he groomed women between the ages of 10 to 16 and encouraged them to perform sexual acts.

The two teenaged women linked to this new revelation about Storey also came forward to police to after news had spread about this previous conviction.

Storey was remanded to be sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on 15 April.

Anyone with further information is asked to call the police non-emergency line on 101.