Borough Market restaurant evacuated over envelope with ‘unidentified substance’
Three people were injured in the incident, which is not being treated as terror-related at this stage
Three people have been injured after an envelope with an ‘unidentified substance’ was delivered to a Borough Market restaurant.
Police were called to the incident at Feng Sushi, in Stoney Street, at 1.38pm today. Forensic investigators are also in attendance.
The property has been evacuated as a precaution and three people have been treated for minor injuries.
Unconfirmed report of acid/corrosive incident in borough Market attracts fire, police and ambulance attendance. pic.twitter.com/6PQsxUtTTu
— Paul Dawson (@poleydee) August 10, 2017
A crime scene is in place but no arrests have been made and police are not treating it as a terror-related incident at this stage.
Met Police officers, London Ambulance Service, and London Fire Brigade were all at the scene.