Southwark Council is holding a free webinar next week for residents to ask questions about the vaccine, writes Simon Throssell…
A panel of experts will address any concerns, answer attendee questions and debunk myths about the coronavirus.
The event will be held online on Monday 1st March from 6:00 PM with confirmed panel members including:
- Cllr Evelyn Akoto, Cabinet Member for Public Health & Community Safety, Southwark Council
- Professor Kevin Fenton, Regional Director, PHE London
- Dame Donna Kinnair, Chief Executive & General Secretary, Royal College of Nursing
- Dr Olufemi Osonuga, Director – North Southwark Primary Care Network
- Kirsten Watters, Deputy Director of Public Health, Southwark Council
- Rt Revd Dr Woyin Karowei Dorgu – 13th Bishop of Woolwich and former doctor
Cllr Akoto said: “This free borough-wide webinar is the first in a series of community conversations about the vaccine, where residents can discuss their concerns and get answers to their questions from a panel of leaders from healthcare, the council and faith organisations.
“We hope this will help residents separate facts from fiction so they feel confident in making an informed choice when the vaccine is offered to them.”
Registration is now open with the chance to submit questions to the panel in advance via https://letstalkvaccine.eventbrite.co.uk/