Residents are being asked to nominate people for the 2017 Civic Awards.
The scheme opened for nominations in November, but the deadline is set for January 31.
Nominations can be made for five categories:
- The Liberty of the Old Metropolitan Borough of Bermondsey
- The Liberty of the Old Metropolitan Borough of Camberwell
- The Liberty of the Old Metropolitan Borough of Southwark
- The Young Citizen of the Year Award
- The Mayor’s Special Award
To make a nomination, you can visit www.southwark.gov.uk and search for “Community and living – The Southwark Civic Awards 2017”.
An article on the council’s website said: “With this awards scheme the key words are ‘active citizenship’ and ‘exceptional achievement’. We are in search of people, projects, organisations and businesses worthy of being singled out and publicly recognised for their generous use of time, ideas, energy and resources for the betterment of others.
“We are also looking for shining examples of civic mindedness, personal courage, or service to family or community that is above and beyond the ordinary.”