A developer is looking for locals’ feedback on plans to transform a section of the historic Peek Freans Biscuit Factory with 1,350 flats.
Grosvenor Britain & Ireland will be showing off its £500m “masterplan” at a series of public exhibitions.
The exhibitions will be open to the public in Unit H05 at the Clements Road entrance to the Biscuit Factory (SE16 4DG) on:
- Thursday 5 October: 4-8pm
- Friday 6 October: 2-6pm
- Saturday 7 October: 10am-2pm
A statement from the company said it hopes to “revitalise the neighbourhood as a thriving economic centre that is physically, socially and economically integrated into Bermondsey”.
It said the flats will be available as “rental homes”, available on “a range of discounted market rents”. They will be a mixture of studio, two and three-bedroom properties.
The “masterplan” also includes:
- A new 600-place secondary school
- 10,000m2 of office space
- 10,000m2 of space for shops and leisure facilities
- 25,000m2 of new and improved streetscapes and play space
- 140 new planted trees and 400m2 of public lawns
No planning application has been submitted yet.
Visit: www.belonginbermondsey.com for more information.