East Dulwich house fire started by ‘halogen lamp coming into contact with a sofa and cardboard boxes’

Katherine Johnston (10 August, 2019)

The house was being refurbished

4604Pic: London Fire Brigade

A fire broke out in a semi-detached house under renovation in East Dulwich this week.

The London Fire Brigade said it was called just before 4pm to the home in Underhill Road on Thursday (August 8).

Around 25 firefighters helped put out the fire which is believed to have been caused by a ‘halogen lamp coming into contact with a sofa and cardboard boxes’.

Six builders had already left the property when firefighters arrived, with no reports of any injury.

Part of the first floor has been damaged.

The blaze was under control by 5.43pm with help from crews from Forest Hill, West Norwood and New Cross.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.