Elephant and Castle pub blaze ’caused by oven’

Katherine Johnston (02 September, 2020)

No reports of injuries

38681OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A fire in an Elephant and Castle pub on Monday (August 31) is believed to have been caused by an oven.

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to The Albert Arms Gladstone Street at 9.54pm on August 31 to tackle the blaze.

London Fire Brigade said part of a kitchen conversion on the first floor was damaged. No one was reported as injured. 

The fire was under control by around half midnight after crews from Lambeth, Dowgate and Dockhead arrived at the scene. 

The current theory is that heat from an oven accidentally set fire to wood surrounding the appliance.

 

Contribute

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.