Remember, remember, you need a ticket on the 5th of November if you plan to attend the borough’s annual fireworks night.
The celebration’s popularity has soared in recent years, with 33,000 people attending last year’s event. Attendees will need to apply for a free ticket for next month’s event, a measure the council says will help with overcrowding and safety. Last year people complained that they were getting crushed in the queue to get into the park.
Councillor Ian Wingfield, Southwark Council’s cabinet member for business, employment and culture, said: “We know how popular this event has become in recent years, with the number of people attending increasing by 175% since 2012. “While that is fantastic for the borough, our utmost priority is to ensure the fireworks remain a safe event for all. That is why this year we have decided to ticket the event to help us manage crowds.”
The fireworks show will be held on Thursday, November 5, in Southwark Park, Bermondsey. Gates will be open from 5pm and last entry is at 6.30pm. Apply for free tickets at www.southwark.gov.uk/fireworks