Today’s GCSE results are the culmination of “many months of hard work” from pupils, says Bermondsey’s City of London Academy.
The school, which is among those not revealing its pass rates this year, praised the efforts of staff and pupils in achieving their grades despite the coronavirus crisis.
Its principal, Mike Baxter, said: “Today’s GCSE results are a culmination of many months of hard work and dedication by staff and students.
“Like all schools in the country, the past few months have been extremely challenging. We adapted to new ways of working very quickly, but thanks to our dedicated teachers and our tenacious students we have managed it.
“This year’s results day is very different, however it acts as an opportunity to reflect on the effort that teachers and pupils have put in over the past two years.
“We wish each and every one of our students every success for the future.”
Among the star students highlighted by the school are:
- Teresa Luo who achieved 9 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 7, 1 Grade Distinction*
- Nadia Tholley who secured 7 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s and 1 Grade Distinction
- Eliana Arauz Rojas who got, 1 Grade 9, 7 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s, 1 Distinction*
- Abu-Bakarr Jalloh who gained 3 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s, 1 Grade 6, 1 Distinction*
- Aryan Kahyesh who achieved 2 Grade 9s, 6 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7, 1 Grade 6, 1 Distinction*
- Madison Bryan, who got 1 Grade 9, 7 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7, 1 Distinction*