Shani Johnson, assistant head teacher of the Catholic all-girl’s school in Elephant and Castle was “delighted” with her students’ GCSE results, and said they “show very good progress and achievement”.
- 55 per cent of students achieved at least one 9/8/7/A*/A grade
- 86 per cent achieved Grade 4 and above in English (Grade 4 is the new C grade)
- 63 per cent achieved Grade 4 and above in Maths (Grade 4 is the new C grade)
- 57 per cent achieved Grade 4 and above in English and Maths (Grade 4 is the new C grade)
Many of Notre Dame’s pupils, despite being in Year 11, were already taking on languages at AS-level. There was a 100 per cent pass rate among students who took on AS French, Portuguese and Spanish.
Among its top performers were:
- Nicole Adibe, with two grade 9s, one A* and three As
- Rose Figuero Cunha, with one grade 9, three A*s and three As
- Cara Studman, with one grade 9, two A*s, one grade 8, and four As
- Aizenosa Uyigue, with two grade 8s and three As