A man appeared at the Old Bailey charged with the murder of a teenager in Old Kent Road last week.
Dickson Tangu, 21, of Wilkinson Gardens, Croydon was charged on August 11 with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
He appears at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, August 12.
Officers were called at 2am on Tuesday, August 8, with the London Ambulance Service to the scene, at the junction between Old Kent Road and Ilderton Road.
The victim, who was pronounced dead less than an hour after police arrived, was formally identified on Thursday, August 10, as nineteen-year-old Daniel Namanga.
Six others were arrested as part of the investigation. They included:
- A 23-year-old man, who has been released under further investigation
- A 21-year-old man, released under further investigation
- A 25-year-old woman, released under further investigation
- A 25-year-old woman, released and no further action will be taken against her
- A 23-year-old man, released and no further action will be taken against him
- A 31-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder, but has since been released under investigation
Mr Namanga, known as Loni, was reported by the Wimbledon Guardian to have attended Rutlish School in Watery Road.
The Old Ruts Rugby Club in Wimbledon, which Mr Namanga attended, tweeted saying: “All of our thoughts are with Dan Namanga’s family and friends. RIP.” But the tweet was later deleted.
An investigation led by detective inspector Domenica Catino, will continue.
Tangu will submit a plea at a later date.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4622 or 101, or contact police via Twitter @MetCC. To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org