A new ‘homeowners service shop’ opened on Monday at Bermondsey’s Blue Marketplace, where it will offer leaseholders advice and support.
The new service will be overseen by the independent My Southwark Homeowners Board, made up of homeowners and other professionals with an interest in leasehold matters.
The aim of the Agency is to:
- Ensure that Southwark homeowners are treated fairly by the council and get a fair deal
- Provide confidence to the homeowner that issues affecting them are being monitored and scrutinised properly
- Improve customer satisfaction for homeowners
- Oversee the performance of the service to homeowners
- Be completely open about what makes up the costs of major works, repairs and other charges and assure homeowners that these are fair and reasonable