‘No new leads’ in cold case investigation of Camberwell teenager’s killing, despite Met’s £20k reward offer
Youngster was killed on his own estate on September 16, 2007
Police have received no new leads, despite an appeal last week for information about the unsolved murder of Camberwell man Edvin Johnson.
A reward for £20,000 has been offered in exchange for new information that could lead to the conviction of the killer or killers.
Mr Johnson was nineteen-years-old when he was found in a pool of blood near his home on the Crawford Estate, on September 16, 2007.
London Ambulance Service attended shortly after 9pm, and he was taken to King’s College Hospital, where he died of a single stab wound to his groin.
Investigations revealed that a group of twelve youths were on the estate at the time of the attack. It is believed five of these youths attacked Edvin, and another man who was left injured.
But neither of the two victims were believed to have been the intended target.
Two silver-handled knives were later found together by police. One of them was stained with Edvin’s blood.
Last week, Genevive Johnson said her son was “a wonderful young man” and had been due to start at the University of Southampton.
DI Justin Howick of the Met’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “To date we have not been able to bring the perpetrator to justice. I am convinced that there were people on the Crawford Estate on the night of the murder who saw what happened but didn’t feel able to speak with police at the time.”
Anyone with information that could help the police should call the incident room on 020 7230 4424, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.