Peckham takeaway fire ’caused by grease-clogged extractor fan’

Katherine Johnston (02 December, 2019)

Peckham Park Road blaze broke out on Sunday afternoon

4504The cause of the fire is now under investigation

The London Fire Brigade has warned restaurants to regularly clean their extraction fans after a fire in Peckham on Sunday.

The takeaway on Peckham Park Road is believed to have been caused by fat and grease in the extraction system catching alight at around 1.20pm on December 1.

The fire was under control just over an hour later after crews from Peckham, Old Kent Road, New Cross, Dockhead, Deptford and Brixton arrived at the scene.

There were no reports of injuries, but the extraction system was “completely destroyed” and some timbers and electric cables also damaged.

A spokesperson for the brigade said: “Restaurant and takeaway owners should always take care to make sure their extraction systems are kept clean as a built up of fat and grease within the filters can lead to fire.

 

 

 

 

 

Contribute

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

tags

Related Topics

PeckhamFire Brigade