Detectives leading the investigation into the fatal stabbing of a father of three in Peckham say they have no new “significant leads” after a £20,000 reward was offered.
Bilal Kargbo, 26, died in Blenheim Grove on April 28 amid crowds of 60 to 70 people. A post-mortem found he had received stab wounds to his chest and arm.
A 23-year-old man, Parish Ofoeme from Burrage Road in Greenwich, has denied the charge of murder and is due to appear in court for trial in October.
Last month an appeal was made by Scotland Yard for witnesses to provide video footage of the incident
Detective inspector Jason Grafham said: “[We] believe a number of people recorded the attack on their mobile devices. Therefore we are now offering a reward of up to £20,000 for video footage that would assist and ultimately lead to the conviction of the person(s) responsible.”
But a Met Police spokesman has told the News this week: “We have yet to receive any significant leads since this appeal; officers continue to appeal for assistance and the reward of £20,000, for anyone who comes forward with video footage that leads to a conviction, is still valid.”
Mr Kargbo’s family have also released a statement, which reads: “Please think of the trauma and hurt caused to our family. Bilal has left behind three lovely children who deserve justice.
“Our family is absolutely devastated with Bilal’s loss; he was a wonderful father, partner, son and friend. Bilal meant so much to us and it is heart-breaking to know that we will never see or speak to him again.
“It is hard to put into words the suffering that this has caused our family and it will take a long time for us to come to terms with what has happened.”
Any witnesses are urged to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8267, email email@example.com, or alternatively contact or police via 101 or by tweeting @MetCC. To give information anonymously, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.