Sasha Johnson: Devastated mother appeals for witnesses to come forward

Katherine Johnston (08 June, 2021)

Sasha remains critically injured

44862Sasha Johnson

Two weeks after her daughter was critically injured after being shot at a house party, Sasha Johnson’s mother has appealed for any witnesses to come forward and ‘stand up’ for her daughter. 

Sasha’s mother, Ellet Dalling, said: ““What has happened to Sasha has left us devastated. She is currently fighting for her life in hospital with two children asking where their mummy is, what do I tell them? Someone must have information to what happened and to come forward.

“Sasha is passionate about standing up for others, please come forward and stand up for Sasha. Come forward to help us, I know it is not always easy but imagine if it was your daughter or the mother of your children. I believe there are people out there that can help.”

The 27-year-old Black Lives Matter activist and mother of two was attacked in the early hours of Sunday, May 23 in Peckham’s Consort Road. She remains in a critical condition in hospital. 

A man believed to be in his 20s was also injured at the scene with a superficial knife wound. He was later discharged from hospital. 

Police have so far made five arrests in connection with the shooting. All five were taken into custody on Wednesday, May 26.

One, aged eighteen, was charged with conspiracy to murder. The four others were released on bail until the end of this month.

Officers maintain that there is no evidence Sasha was the victim of a targeted attack, despite her friends claiming she had received numerous death threats.

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard, said: “Yesterday marked two weeks since Sasha Johnson was shot. 

“Although we have made a number of arrests, I am continuing to appeal to anyone who is yet to come forward to please speak with officers.

“I would also urge those who were at the party to make contact and tell us what you know. It is vital that we gather as much information as possible to establish what happened in the early hours of that Sunday morning and why.

“Sasha remains in a critical condition, and her family has been left devastated by what has happened. We are in regular contact with them, and quite rightly, they have a lot of questions that are currently unanswered. You can help us to provide them with the answers they desperately need.

“Were you in the vicinity of Consort Road, or did you see anyone fleeing the area? Please do the right thing and call us, or Crimestoppers.”

Superintendent Kris Wright from the Central South Command Unit said: “Our thoughts remain with Sasha and her family at this time.

“My officers continue to work with the community and local authority to provide as much reassurance as possible to residents following this shocking incident.

“I would encourage you to speak with you Safer Neighbourhoods team if you have any concerns or wish to provide information.”

Contribute
Jan sidell says:

Just as well the police were not defunded! Seriously hope this young lady recovers, and her little ones have there Mummy home soon.
Her Mum must be so worried , hopefully the scum that did this listens to her pleas.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.