A boy was stabbed and a woman badly injured after an attack in Peckham’s Oakdene Estate on Halloween night.
Police were called to Carlton Grove at half eight on Saturday, October 31, after reports of a ‘significant disturbance’.
Officers and paramedics were alerted to a seventeen-year-old boy found with stab injuries. After being admitted to hospital, doctors assessed his condition as ‘not life-threatening’.
An 18-year-old woman had also been attacked and received facial injuries. She was hospitalised as a precaution, while a fifteen-year-old boy with minor injuries was also treated at the scene.
Police said the ‘senseless and wanton violence’ involved a large group who fled as police arrived. They are now appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
One arrest has been made so far. A seventeen-year-old boy, who has been bailed until the end of the month on suspicion of GBH.
Detective Constable Jon Wormwald, from central south basic command unit, said: “This was a case of senseless and wanton violence which has no place in the community.
“We believe this incident involved a significant number of young people who fled the scene in varying directions.
“If you were in the area at the time and saw anything suspicious, we need to hear from you.
“Given that it happened in a residential area I am confident that a number of people may have witnessed this incident.
“I would ask anyone with any information that may assist the investigation and identify those responsible for the attack to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
“If you want to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers and your details will not be shared with police but you will still be able to share what you know.”