A teenage boy has been found guilty of the multiple sexual assaults in South Norwood Country Park.
The seventeen-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age, was convicted on Wednesday (October 9) of three counts of sexual assault, two counts of theft and one count of robbery at Wimbledon Youth Court.
The conviction came after detectives launched an appeal earlier this year after four separate women reported they had been sexually assaulted and/or robbed by a man while they walked their dogs through the park.
The incidents happened between May 3 and July 21 this year.
It is said all of the women aged between 45 and 63, were alone at the time of the incidents.
Police said that they put additional patrols in place and on Monday July 1, the defendant was arrested at his home address after CCTV footage analysis led to his identification.
Detectives said a sim card registered to him was later found to have been used in a phone stolen from one of the victims.
Detective Constable Kathlyn-Quist, who led the investigation, said: “The defendant in this case brazenly targeted women who were alone in a park they used regularly – a community space in which they should have felt safe.
“These victims were left traumatised by these attacks and have had to relive their experiences again during the trial.
“This was a complex and fast-moving investigation in which the team trawled through hours of CCTV. We are also grateful to those members of the public who assisted us in identifying the defendant so quickly.
“We hope this conviction brings the victims in this case some form of closure and demonstrates our commitment to getting dangerous individuals off the streets of London.”
The seventeen-year-old will be sentenced on Thursday October 31 at the youth court.