A free-climber who scaled The Shard earlier this year without safety gear has been found in contempt of court.
George King-Thompson made headlines around the world when he scaled the 100ft skyscraper in July in just 45 minutes – but also broke a High Court injunction banning him from the climb in the process.
The twenty-year-old stuntman was reportedly been given a six-month sentence on Monday at a young offender’s institution for the brazen feat by the same court.
The Shard’s management body, Real Estate Management Ltd, said it hoped the ruling would deter other climbers.
“Mr. George King-Thompson has today been found to be in contempt of court for breaching the terms of an injunction set by the High Court in 2018 when he climbed The Shard earlier this year,” said a spokesperson.
“We felt we had no option than to secure the injunction and ask the court to uphold it.
“We hope that today’s outcome will deter other prospective climbers, and help them recognise the great dangers that these actions pose to the public, emergency services and themselves.”
Mr King-Thompson was only given a police caution at the time of his daring climb.
However Mr Justice Murray sitting at the High Court reportedly said his breach of the order, designed to prevent trespassers had been “deliberate and knowing”.
He said despite the stuntman’s “young age and previous good character, it is not a sentence I am able to suspend.”