Firefighters dealt with two blazes in Walworth’s Aylesbury Estate last week.
On Saturday (April 10) crews scrambled to Inville Road after a bin caught fire shortly before 4pm.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson told the News: “The contents of a large refuse container on the ground floor of an eight storey block were destroyed by the fire.
“None of the properties were affected and there were no reports of any injuries.”
The fire was brought under control by 4.33pm.
The blaze followed a fire in Wendover on Wednesday (April 7) caused by a resident discarding a cigarette from a balcony in Thurlow Street.
Councillors say fire safety improvements are ongoing across the estate.
— Wesley (@wesleyevans) April 10, 2021