Two given formal police warnings over Canada Water fireworks

Kit Heren (25 October, 2021)

'After being shown overwhelming evidence they admitted the offence,' police said

39862An illegal firework incident last year

Two males have been given formal warnings after admitting setting off fireworks dangerously and illegally earlier this month.

The incident took place on October 4. Rotherhithe’s safer neighbourhood policing team said: “Police identified the two suspects via CCTV. Both males were interviewed under caution.

“After being shown overwhelming evidence they admitted the offence. Both were then issued with formal warnings.”

The age of the two people involved is unclear, but police have previously said the culprits are in their early teenage years.

Officers have said this year they are determined to be more proactive in stopping fireworks being set off in the street, after being surprised by a dangerous escalation in autumn 2020.

Canada Water fireworks: police pledge to tackle dangerous incidents ‘proactively’ to avoid repeat of 2020 chaos

It comes after police issued dispersal zones for a wide area around Canada Water tube station from the evening of Friday-Sunday (October 22-24) in an attempt to deal with the firework problem. That was the second weekend in three when police have issued a dispersal order for the same area.

 

Contribute

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

tags

Related Topics

Canada Waterfireworks