Could your business be among the winners at Southwark’s leading business awards?
The search is on for the borough’s top companies following the launch of the 2019 Southwark Business Excellence Awards in association with London South Bank University.
The second annual Southwark awards programme is set to build on the success of last year’s inaugural programme, which attracted hundreds of entries from across the borough.
With fourteen updated entry categories, the awards are designed to appeal to all of the borough’s 18,000 businesses. The awards are free and easy to enter online. The closing date for all entries is 20 March 2019.
The 2019 Southwark Business Excellence Awards Categories:
- Apprentice Employer of the Year – Sponsor, Great Portland Estates
- Best Business for Customer Service
- Best Business for Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
- Best Business for Tech & Innovation – Sponsor, Landsec
- Best Charity of Social Enterprise – Sponsor, Delancey
- Best Employer
- Best Food and Beverage Award
- Best Medium Sized Business
- Best Small Business
- Contribution to the Community – Sponsor, London College of Communications UAL
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Independent Retailer of the Year – Sponsor, Lendlease
- The Southwark Cultural Commitment Award – Sponsor, British Land
- Women in Business Award – Sponsor, Galliard Homes & Aviva Investors
Local people are also being asked to nominate a business they feel deserves to be recognised for their contribution to the local community. Any business can be nominated as long as it is based and trades in Southwark.
The finale of the awards programme – which involves a rigorous and independent judging process – will be the glittering, black-tie Gala Dinner & Charity Ball awards ceremony for 450 people this summer, hosted by ITV Good Morning Britain presenter Michael Underwood.
Last year’s first Business of the Year winner Melissa Harwood, of East Dulwich restaurant Spinach, said the win was great for business, and she urged every borough business to apply in 2019.
She said: “Winning and the recognition it has given us was a real confidence boost. I would absolutely encourage all businesses to enter in 2019 – for us, it has been great for business, great for our community and a real morale booster for staff.” Melissa is now in the process of opening a second restaurant.
Businesses can enter up to three categories for free from the list below, with the exception of Business of the Year which is chosen by the judges. Please note, last year’s winners are excluded from entering the same category again in 2019.