TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC – BALFOUR STREET, CHADWICK ROAD, LYNDHURST WAY, EWER STREET, LYNTON ROAD
LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 14(1)
(BALFOUR STREET, CHADWICK ROAD, LYNDHURST WAY, EWER STREET, LYNTON ROAD)
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
1. The Council of the London Borough of Southwark hereby gives notice that to enable works to be carried out by, Conways, Thames Water and Centurion Site Services, it intends, to make an order the effect of which will be to prohibit vehicular traffic from entering part of the above named roads.
2. Whilst works are in progress, and whilst the authorised traffic signs are displayed, no person shall cause any vehicle to enter, proceed, stop, wait, load or unload in:
(a) Balfour Street, between Rodney Road and Munton Road
(b) Chadwick Road, at its junction with Lyndhurst Way, east bound lane of carriageway
(c) Lyndhurst Way, at its junction with Chadwick Road
(d) Ewer Street, 10m either side of railway bridge
(e) Lynton Road, between No’s 15 and No’s 23
3. The alternative route would be via: (2a) Rodney Road, Flint Street, East Street, New Kent Road. (2b) & (2c) Chadwick Road, Grove Park, Camberwell Grove, Grove Hill Road, Dog Kennel Hill, Grove Lane, Champion Park, Denmark Hill, Camberwell Church Street, Peckham Road, Lyndhurst Way. Bellenden Road, Avondale Rise, Ivanhoe Road, Pytchley Road, Dog Kennel Hill, Grove Lane, Champion Park, Denmark Hill, Camberwell Church Street, Peckham Road, Lyndhurst Way. (2d) Union Street, Great Suffolk Street, Lavington Street. (2e) Lynton Road, Dunton Road, Southwark Park Road, Balaclava Road. Lynton Road, Balaclava Road, Southwark Park Road, Dunton Road.
4. The existing one way working in Balfour Street, between John Maurice Close/Victory Place and Munton Road, between Balfour Street and Rodney Place will be made two way for access and egress purposes for (2a)
5. The existing one way working in Lyndhurst Way, between Chadwick Road and Holly Grove, will be made two way for access and egress purposes for (2c)
6. The existing one way working in Ewer Street, between Union Street and Lavington Street will be made two way for access and egress purposes for (2d)
7. Exemptions will be provided in the Order to permit reasonable access to premises, so far as it is practical without interference with the execution of the said works.
8. The restrictions will not apply to any vehicle being used in connection with the said works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or anything done with the permission or at the direction of police constable in uniform.
9. The works will be in place for (2a) 12th – 13th November (2b & 2c) 13th – 16th November (2d) 17th – 18th November, between 22:00hrs and 06:00hrs (2e) 17th – 21st November.
10. Further information may be obtained by contacting Road Network & Parking Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated this 29th October 2020
London Borough of Southwark
Network Management Traded Services
Environment and Leisure
PO Box 64529
Ref: (2a) 5422/77913791 (2b & 2c) 5144/000809009920045-002 (2d) 5511/ XTD-01-16171120 (2e) 5521/ 56570053