ROAD TRAFFIC – ASYLUM ROAD
LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
1. The Council of the London Borough of Southwark hereby gives notice that they intend to make an order under section 14 (1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to facilitate highway works being proposed in part of the above named road.
2. Whilst the restriction is in progress, and whilst the authorised traffic signs are displayed, no person shall cause any vehicle to enter, proceed, stop, wait, load or unload in: (a) Asylum Road, at the junction of roundabout to Old Kent Road (southbound) (b) Asylum Road, at the junction of roundabout to Queens Road (northbound)
3. The current one way restriction in Gervase Street will be made two way for access and egress.
4. An alternative route would be via: (a) Old Kent Road, Pomeroy Street, Clifton Way, Asylum Road. Old Kent Road, Commercial Way, Naylor Road, Meeting House Lane (b) Queens Road, Carlton Grove, Meeting House Lane. Queens Road, Pomeroy Street, Old Kent Road, Asylum Road. as applicable.
5. The restrictions will not apply to any person or vehicle being used in connection with the said works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform.
6. Exemptions will be provided in the Order to permit reasonable access to premises, so far as it is practical without interference with the execution of the said works.
7. The works will be carried out in 2 phases between the 23rd – 29th August 2016. 8. Further information may be obtained by contacting Road Network & Parking Management on 0207 525 2014.
Dated this 11th August 2016.
Road Network & Parking Business Manager
Parking & Road Network Management,
PO Box 64529
London SE1 5LX Ref: 3257/ LBS-SC1463758