TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC – MERROW STREET, LOWER ROAD
LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 14(1)
(MERROW STREET, LOWER ROAD)
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
- The Council of the London Borough of Southwark hereby gives notice that to enable a crane operation and highway works to be carried out, it made an order the effect of which will be to prohibit vehicular traffic from entering part of the above named roads.
- Whilst works are in progress, and whilst the authorised traffic signs are displayed, no person shall cause any vehicle to enter, proceed, stop, wait, load or unload in:
- Merrow Street, between Walworth Road and Queens Row
- Lower Road, between Croft Street and Bestwood Street (Lane Closure)
- The alternative route would be via: (2a) Walworth Road, Arnside Street, Queens Row. (2b) Bestwood Street, Trundley’s Road, Alloa Road.
- Exemptions will be provided in the Order to permit reasonable access to premises, so far as it is practical without interference with the execution of the said works.
- The restrictions will not apply to any vehicle used in connection with the said works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform.
- The works will be in place for (2a) 8th November. (2b) 10th – 12th November.
- Further information may be obtained by contacting Road Network & Parking Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated this 29th October 2020
London Borough of Southwark
Network Management Traded Services
Environment and Leisure
PO Box 64529
London SE1 5LX
Ref: (2a) 5497/LBSCR11467 (2b) 5489/17553292